AEDC, a dynamic organisation, is looking at growing potentials within the company. To this
effect, some new job roles to help identify and develop such potentials are available within the
Revenue Protection Unit for interested candidates. The positions are:
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, the candidate must demonstrate ability/potential for the following
Detection & Recovery of losses
- Investigates potential energy theft scenes, procures and preserves evidence, and
- Investigates active theft of electricity – both single phase and three phase
meters. Correct unsafe situations caused by tampering with the service.
- Reviews unauthorized consumption reports, web reports, and anonymous tips, and
takes appropriate investigative action.
- Enforces disconnection of illegal usage of energy.
- Detects, investigates and analyses all immediate and contributory causes of incidents
- Performs delinquent processing activities, including customer notifications.
- Visits Customer premises to investigate suspected instances of theft of electricity and
wrong tariff classification.
- Works to improve collections by ensuring that all issues discovered in the cause of the
visit resulting to losses such as illegal consumers, anomaly in tariff required because of
change of usage and customers on bypass are corrected.
- Ensures that all defaulters/offenders meet the financial implications for energy theft as
guided by SOP.
- Performs load analysis on the identified and confirmed under-billed customers on AVR and ensures full implementation on the newly assessed load.
- Identifies suspicious trends or activities that borders on energy theft within the network.
- Establishes facts and shows resilience in circumstances where deception may exist.
- Meets all performance targets as may be set from time to time
- Complies with approved processes, procedures, regulations in carrying out activities and tasks
- Responds to customers’ questions regarding billing procedures, rates, and department policies, and the safe operation of utility services on site
- Handles first line complaints and enquiries at site and escalate as appropriate.
- Provides professional, polite and courteous customer service and interaction always
- Presents findings to customers in a professional and assured manner
- Timely resolutions of complaints from customers and anonymous sources as assigned.
Legal Services Accountabilities
- Ensures documentary evidence is gathered during site visits to aid legal proceedings.
- Works closely with local Law Enforcement and the Legal Services to prosecute individuals for unauthorized use of energy, wilful damage to installation, and fraud.
- Testifies as a witness or expert witness at depositions, hearings in court, NERC Forums and other proceedings as required.
Health & Safety
- Ensures safety first approach for self, colleagues and our customers during site inspections
- Supports the creation of a leading health and safety culture for the Revenue Protection Unit by adhering to organizational and regulatory HSE policies
- Escalates cases of unsafe installations, unsafe working conditions and accidents to other stakeholders for immediate correction.
- Maintains High level of awareness of hazards within work/task environment.
- Adheres to the Stop Work Authority when an unsafe condition, unsafe act/At-Risk Behaviour is being observed.
- Reports all Incident/accidents, near-misses to immediate supervisor/HSE personnel.
Documentation & Reporting
- Utilizes mobile software and devices for data entry relating to site investigations
- Uses approved templates and forms to effect disconnections, back billing and penalties
- Prepares and submits weekly performance reports against targets.
- Conducts daily update on the status of all meters audited/inspected on the FORENSC audit tracker database across the network and provide reports of technical operational issues giving room to energy theft.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Relevant Graduate degree (Incl HND)
- Degree in Engineering Courses and Sciences.
- 2- 5 years relevant work experience (NYSC Inclusive)
- Experience as Revenue Protection specialist will be added advantage
- Familiarity with the various types of electricity meters
- Fair knowledge of technical and non -technical loss detection and prevention principles
- Customer service skills
Environment: Work is performed in a standard office setting and in a field setting with travel from site to site and exposure to an outdoor field environment and all types of weather and temperature conditions; may work irregular hours; exposure to electrical energy, potentially hostile individuals and aggressive animals. May be faced with work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and in a field environment; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; walk on uneven terrain, loose soil, and sloped surfaces; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations; to operate equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. OTHER DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES
- Analysis and problem solving
- planning and organizational skills
- Conflict Handling
- Interrogation skills to establish facts
- Strong attention to details
- Report writing skills
- Investigative skills
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Kindly click on the link below to apply:
Revenue Protection Specialist
The closing date is 13th May 2019 At 5:00 pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae
and a cover letter. The subject of your application should be “position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,