Under direction, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the Company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
Detailed Job Description, Accountant
Desired Personal attributes and Qualifications
- Accurate data capture of transactions into accounting software on proof of adequate supporting documentation.
- Reconciliations of staff, banks and vendor accounts.
- Accurate capture of tax liabilities, tax minimization and service of tax commitments.
- Monitor bank payments and reconcile to the payment plan.
- Assist in audit process through timely and comprehensive response to all audit queries.
- Assist in identifying and capturing of asset transactions and maintenance of accurate and up to date assets register and other supporting accounting schedules.
- Assist in identifying inventory transactions, recording and reconciliation of inventory records and valuation.
- Perform revenue and receivables reconciliations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of IFRS and provisions applicable to the utility sector.
- Team player with a passion for excellence, get- it- right- first- time mentality.
- Organized, analytical, critical thinker with bias for problem-solving.
- Thirst for perfection, timely delivery and accuracy.
- Minimum BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or business related course.
The closing date is 31st of March, 2017 at 5 pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The application should be emailed as stated above, the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Integrity and profesionalism
- Good Computer skills i.e. able to use Microsoft package effectively
- Good interpersonal and Comunication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Send your application to
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services
NB: only soft copy of applications will be treated