AEDC, a dynamic organisation, is looking at growing potentials within the company. To this
effect, some new job roles to help identify and develop such potentials are available within the
Revenue Protection Unit for interested candidates. The positions are:
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, the candidate must demonstrate ability/potential for the following accountabilities:
Commercial Data Analysis
- Gathers, organizes and analyzes data as it pertains to case development using analytical, tracking, and data management tools.
- Uses tools to research and update contact database of CAS customers.
- Interacts with senior staff and customers to further develop cases, identify and analyze points of compromise, and notify customers of potential risk.
- Works with team on well-defined tasks related to detection of suspicious point of fraud activity using proprietary software, and identification of potential cases using in-house tools to update and query the database.
- Reviews field investigations and summary of pertinent investigative data and develop reports to be furnished to stakeholders as required
- Assists on special projects that require extensive technical, critical thinking, report writing, and strategic analysis.
- Creates investigative reports or other strategic products from raw field data and sources relevant to the unit or geographic region.
- Performs data analysis, review, and evaluation of criminal investigative case data and/or evidence to discern relevant information or case characteristics and to identify trends, patterns or relationships to enhance case development.
- Collates all regulatory data for onward submission to various regulatory bodies as may be required
- Provides support, advice, and guidance to Energy loss investigators on investigative data and trends.
- Prepares critically constructed queries of investigative data relating to investigations pertinent to the RPU mandate and strategic objectives.
- Prepares questions and preliminary case data or documents for interviews, meetings, or court proceedings.
- Presents investigative analysis and findings orally and in writing to Legal Department for determination of the prosecutorial merits of the case throughout the investigation, and through criminal or civil proceedings
- Responsible for assigning tickets to various teams within the organization for technical resolutions
- Reviews support tickets to spot error trends on accounts.
- Reviews tickets with the supervisor / other staff to spot potential issues.
- Communicates with the customers via e-mail on tickets as appropriate
- Monitors system error logs and communicate to the ICT team as needed
- Coordinates with the other departments to ensure all RP tickets are addressed on a timely manner.
- Adheres to proper human resources and company processes and policies.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Responsible for independently handling resolution and communication related to tasks assigned.
- Reviews issues critically, takes ownership through resolution and think logically and proactively to prioritize tasks and solve problems
Commercial Impact & Performance Tracking
- Supports the design and development of performance monitoring templates for individual, regional and team performance review and analysis.
- Testifies before grand juries, courts, and administrative hearings as necessary.
- Devises resourceful and distinctive methods and techniques to acquire elusive information from various sources in furtherance of investigations and analysis
- Maintains currency of investigative trends dealing with investigations, legislation and/or regulation, data analysis techniques, criminal law and procedure, and how this body of knowledge informs data analysis and report preparation
- Serves as primary trainer in Field Office with other analysts; sharing information, advice, guidance, and solutions which are highly technical in nature, require critical thinking skills, and handling situations which may have no set precedents.
Performance Tracking & Analysis
- Analyses, organizes, and communicates findings on the performance of RPU
- Develops operations procedures and systems reports to harmonize reporting and roll out
- Provides in-depth analysis of trends that impact the quality of service delivery of RPU
- Captures and analyzes data in respect of quality of service from field investigators against assigned service orders
- Creates a reporting regime to communicate Performance results to stakeholders in the organization worldwide
- Works with stakeholders to produce reports on scheduled and ad-hoc basis to support improved quality and better Performance
- Provides ad-hoc field support to identify quality and efficiency opportunities in RPU activities
- Collects, maintains and summarizes information from company automated systems into reports and distributes them to stakeholders
- Communicates and explains root cause problems and issues that impede the achievement of the standard Performance targets
- Sets up interdepartmental meetings, serving as facilitator to coordinate roll out of multi-location orders with Major Accounts and provisioning teams.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Graduate degree in Engineering Courses and Sciences.
- 1- 5 years general work experience
- Experience as Revenue Protection specialist will be added advantage
- Fair Knowledge of metering installation
- Familiarity with the various types of electricity metering infrastructure
- Good knowledge of the electricity supply chain value system
- Fair Knowledge of the electricity regulatory codes and requirements
- Environment: Work is performed in a standard office setting and in a field setting with travel from site to site and exposure to an outdoor field environment and all types of weather and temperature conditions; may work irregular hours; exposure to electrical energy, potentially hostile individuals and aggressive animals; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and in a field environment; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; walk on uneven terrain, loose soil, and sloped surfaces; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations; to operate equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizational skills
- Conflict Handling
- Safety and Security awareness
- Interrogation skills to establish facts
- Strong attention to details
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Kindly click on the link below to apply:
Revenue Protection Analyst
The closing date is 13th May 2019 At 5:00 pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae
and a cover letter. The subject of your application should be “position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,