- What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile devices whenever you visit a website. Their function include storing your login and session status, memorizing your preferences to tailor your experiences while on our site and to help us analyze our website traffic. They allow us identify when users are logged on or return to our website and test new content.
Apart from when you elect to disclose and share with us, we cannot access your computer or any other information about you with cookies.
- Cookies on our website
We have grouped our cookies into the following categories to make it easier for you to understand why need them:
- Functionality: These cookies enable technical performance of our website and allow us to take note and remember the choices you make as well as your preferences.
- Performance/Analytical: These cookies allow us to collect certain information about how you navigate our website. They assist us to understand parts of our website that you are interested in and those you are not. Equally, they enable us know what we can do to improve them.
Our cookies do not store any personal or sensitive information about you. They simply hold a unique random reference to you so that when you visit our website, we can recognize who you are and provide certain content to you. The cookies used on our website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, track usage (performance cookies) and those that remember your choices (functionality cookies). We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your device when you visit our website;
- to improve our website’s usability;
- to analyze the use of our website;
- in the administration of our website.
- Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser but note that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this. Also, disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- Change or update of this Policy
We may change or update this policy whenever the need arises. We will post any revision we make to this policy on this page and such revised or updated policy becomes effective as at the time it is posted. We will notify you when any changes to this policy have been made. We urge you to check this page from time to time for updates to this policy.
Data Protection Officer
Abuja Electricity Distribution Plc (AEDC)
No.1 Ziguinchor Street, Off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja-FCT