SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS ASSURANCE & COMPLIANCE:
This role will assist in the analysis of all risk exposures to the business; support compliance to the relevant laws, regulations, standards, codes, and defined Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Policies, Processes and Procedures (PPP) rolled out; provide opinion on PPPs alignment with best practices and make recommendations for improvement. The role will also serve as a guide and sounding-board to aid compliance/prevent non-compliance with relevant laws, regulations, ERM as well as other business policies within the company.
- Updates identified risk items on the risk management system and gathers data on all risk related projects.
- Makes valuable input into the development and implementation of all the Company’s Risk Management frameworks, processes and procedures which includes Enterprise Risk Management, Insurance Risk Management, Crisis Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Fraud Risk Management, and Information Security Risk Management in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepares and collates reports on risk management activities within AEDC.
- Contributes to the development and execution of plans to embed risk management culture in conjunction with the Business Units across the company, in alignment with the ERM Framework, and the implementation of improvements to risk management capabilities within Business Units in AEDC.
- Regularly monitors and reviews the implementation of agreed management /mitigating actions or risk treatments to appraise and verify the adequacy of undertaken actions by functions/risk owners; tracks the status of previously accepted recommendations and needful action in case of non-compliance.
- Liaises with relevant functions in the company to suitably identify existing legislations and/or ongoing regulatory developments that will have a direct or indirect impact on the business, with subsequent escalation to the Executive Management team (EMT), assessment of the likely impact on the business and its risk profile, and designing the company’s response in line with the company’s regulatory risk appetite.
- In liaison with relevant functions/departments provide advice to business units on legal and regulatory obligations and on the creation and implementation of regulatory/legal compliant policies and procedures.
- Monitors the company’s compliance with relevant laws, regulations and internal risk policies.
- Updates risk management system, monitors regulatory developments and recommends modifications to existing practices.
- Generates reports, presentations to highlight the status of mitigating actions and effects on residual risk profile and suggests changes to the management based on the solutions to adopt newer strategies to overcome the risks.
- Designs and supports a compliance risk framework for the business.
- Generates and issues timely and reliable Compliance Management Information Report for the Risk & SHE Committee (on a quarterly basis) as well as ERM reports to other stakeholders (as and when required) in a manner that enables understanding of how well the business is managing the overall portfolio of risks to which it is exposed.
- Constantly engages with assigned functions to align the processes and closure of all open issues.
- Provides Capacity Building for AEDC staff to foster company-wide risk awareness and ownership as well as competency in risk identification, assessment and reporting.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Qualification Required:
A First Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
Additional Qualification Required:
- An MBA
- Professional Risk Management Qualification (e.g. CRMA, CMIRM, IRMCert), would be an added advantage
- ACCA, ACA would be an advantage.
Minimum Experience Required:
- In addition to general working experience, minimum of 8 years’ practical experience in an industry/commercial entity with experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plans.
- A strong background in managing business risk or risk-based auditing.
- Risk Management (either as Risk Manager or in Enterprise Risk Management Consulting).
- Experience with exception reporting; risk assessment, documentation, implementation and/or design of internal controls.
- Power Sector Business Savvy will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations as well as corporate governance best practices.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Result-oriented with ‘a can do’ attitude.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Business performance measurement and management.
- Stakeholder relations management.
- Business process improvement.
- Tenacious, highly motivated and resilient individual.
- Team worker with the ability to drive cross functional KPIs development & implementation.
- Computer and information technology appreciation.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
Send your application based on the position you are applying for, see below:
Sm.email@example.com for Senior Manager, Business Assurance & Compliance
The closing date is Tuesday October 23, 2018 at 5:00pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The application should be emailed as stated above, the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
NB: only soft copy of applications will be treated